Image Map

Monday, February 22, 2016

Dear Grown Up Warren,

The other day I got the dreaded, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" question during a mentorship meeting at work. I know, I know, I'm with you, I still hate that question. It's daunting, terrifying, and honestly, at 27 I feel like I should have figured that out by now (at least have a general sense of where I'm headed). However, my answer generally lies somewhere in the spectrum of "oh I don't know..." or "working with people." Something very generic and non-committal. However, this time I decided to do something extremely different, I answered with the first thing that came to mind.

In other words, I answered the question honestly. I said I wanted to write, to do something creative with my life. As an introvert who rarely likes any attention put on me (unless I'm directing it), I've never shared that outloud. Luckily, the meeting I was in felt safe. The person I was talking with felt trustworthy. It was comfortable.

Now the question is, what do I do with that? I mentioned in our blogiversary post on Blog to Taste that I love having a creative outlet there where I can express myself through something I love. I want to continue to commit to making that a place where excellent things come to life. I also want to take baby steps with this blog. It's a curation of things that make me feel. I want this to be an experience. I hope that you will find this place and want to come back for more. If you don't, and this was a one and done visit, thanks for this view babe.

For now,

No comments:

Post a Comment